1/3/07

Update from Deb

Dear Friends~
Today marks 5 weeks since the craniotomy & I feel pretty good.
Yesterday I had a followup CT head scan & visit with the Dr.
The CT was completely clean, everything looks good according to the Dr.
He said I couldn't go back to work yet (although I want to return to work, I know I'm not ready).
He said most brain surgery patients need 3 months for full recovery.
I'm progressing very well, but still unable to concentrate & focus for 8 hours without rest (read: nap) and/or pain med's, which is what I need to go back to work.
I have another appointment the first week in February & he'll make another evaluation.
Meanwhile he told me to try to return to a normal routine & build up my endurance & strength.
* *
Wes is working as much as possible & still carrying pretty much of the household load.
Now that I'm off the narcotic pain med's & able to drive, things will get easier.
My task is to figure out a way to keep myself busy 10 hours a day & not get bored to tears!
(Suggestions are welcome!)
* *
THX to everyone for their continued thoughts & prayers.
Love,
Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment