3/6/08

Update on Cassie

Each day there is steady encouragement regarding Cassie's condition and I want to thank you for your continued prayer support of Cassie, Roy, Robyn and Katie.  Although I had to come home on Monday, I know by talking to Roy that it is the prayer support that is enabling them to get through this difficult time in Cassie's life.
 
I have a dear friend who has said that if what you pray for brings Glory to God that you can be assured that you will receive from Him the answer that you seek.  The Glory of God is being seen in all that is surrounding Cassie.  At Bible Study last night we were listening to a song -- it was an awesome piece -- I want to see Jesus.  As I sat there listening, it was so very evident that Jesus can be seen in each progress report improvement we receive about Cassie.  I want to thank God again and again for His faithfulness and continued presence.
 
As of yesterday afternoon:
 
Cassie's MMA count (which needs to be 100 or less) is now down to 792; although still on a ventilator (respirator) her breathing is only 70% assisted; she is no longer on any blood pressure medication and she is holding her own; she is down to only 8 machines; her glucose is 120; her white count has come up to 1.5 (normal is about 4.8); and her swelling is continuing to come down.
 
She is still receiving platletets, whole blood and every now and again plasma (her clotting ability is getting better and better, less and less blood is being seen in her urine output.)  Her urine output is good.  So, although she is still listed as critical -- she is getting better and better.  Thank you again for your continued prayer and support. God bless you all - Bev
 

No comments:

Post a Comment